client: JJ & family
2003 ford e350 xlt extended high-top
JJ and his family came to Boho hoping to solve a problem. They desired an RV or camping trailer for family trips, but weren’t allowed to have one on their property due to their HOA requirements. They brought us “Wolf”, a wheel-chair van they bought locally with hopes we’d be able to help.
The family of three (plus their australian shepherd) needed a place to comfortably sleep, eat, cook and enjoy time together. We knew their project would be a challenge considering the spatial requirements for three - instead of the two-person vehicles we’ve built previously.
We solved the spatial requirements by building a custom sofa that could extend to a comfortable sleeper during the night - while doubling as a space to relax during the day. We created even more foot room for sleeping by installing a driver swivel to extend the sleeping space to 72”.
Beneath the bed we installed a butcher block slide out for outdoor cooking, as well as a 40 qt Dometic fridge that efficiently keeps cold only using solar power.
We finished “Wolf” off with earthy/southwest upholstery, red cedar tongue and groove, and a fresh paint job inspired by our original boho van “Stevie” - per the family’s request.
- extended size bed (70" x 68")
- 60” sleeper sofa with pullout extension
- 210 ah solar-powered battery system
- 1500 watt bed-side inverter
- 750 watt under-sofa inverter
- removable laptop table
- 6” thick custom-sized mattress
- 4 point lap belt harness (2)
- intake/outtake roof fan
- 25 gallon water tank
- outdoor shower
- electric sink
- dual level dimmable LED lighting
- 48" exterior butcher block countertop
- interior butcher block kitchenette
- extra high-top shelf w/ metal piping rail
- “L” high-top shelf in rear
- hidden portable toilet
- Dometic CFX-40W refrigerator
- dual swivel seats
- custom interior upholstery
photos shot by Justin Wade Orton